American Spot Cooling is searching for a qualified and ambitious individual ready to increase revenue for our Houston branch through exceptional customer service and sales initiative. The Sales/Operations Manager will rent and sell specialty engineered rental products including; temporary air-conditioning, air-cooled chillers, rental cooling towers, electric and IDF heaters, desiccant and LGR dehumidification, generators, load banks, and electrical distribution.
- Establishes new rental accounts through phone calls and in-person visits to potential customers.
- Presents a full range of turnkey services to potential customers. Works with technical staff to provide customers with job site assessments, application solutions and plans, equipment sizing, professional quote writing, credit authorization assistance, problem resolution, and follow-through.
- Increases services rendered to existing accounts, through phone calls and in-person visits to customers.
- Provides existing accounts with information on other products and services offered by American Spot Cooling.
- Makes formal sales presentations to customer decision-makers. Educates customers on equipment through demonstrations and personal training sessions.
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of new services for customers.
- Works with company personnel, performs equipment loads, deliveries, repairs, pickups and setups.
- Assists the operations staff by following up with customers on invoices and payments.
The Sales/Operations Manager receives a base salary, plus commission, and a competitive benefits package.
Superior customer service remains the backbone of American Spot Cooling, therefore your willingness and ability to provide this to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High intellectual abilities to sell complex products and customer solutions.
- Strong negotiation and selling skills, and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong presentation and excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
- Equipment troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to properly size, quote, install and maintain small less complex, and moderately complex projects; that may range from industrial process cooling, construction and water damage drying, multi-level power distribution at various voltages and large scale climate control projects. More experienced sales representatives may be assigned larger and/or more complex projects and equipment solutions.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with computer skills and MS Office.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Possess knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, diesel, pneumatic and other systems.
- Knowledge of construction or related equipment is preferred; however, candidates with comparable industry experience, a strong sales acumen and record of achievement will also be considered.
- 3 years sales experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred.